We are excited for another year of Followers @ Hayward Wesleyan Church!
Followers is a twice-a-month after school program where we collect students conveniently from their school in Hayward (K-2 @ the Primary and 3-5 @ the Intermediate) and spend an hour and a half teaching and interacting with them about what it means to follow Jesus, singing songs, eating some snacks, and playing games in the gym. As you can imagine, kids are excited to go to a fun place after school twice-a-month (every other Monday) and we do have a lot of fun with them!
Followers meet together every other Monday after school from 3:15-5:00pm. The church provides a ride on a bus from the Hayward Primary and Intermediate Schools to the church & parents provide the ride home. During these after school meetings, the students
- play games,
- have a light snack,
- sing songs,
- learn a story from the Bible,
- participate in small groups,
- and understand what it means to be a follower of Jesus.
Religious instruction at a level a child can understand is an important component of Followers. We believe teaching children about the God revealed in Jesus and what it means to follow Him is vital in the spiritual and holistic development of a child. But closely following this spiritual component is a fun and safe environment for kids to be kids. We have A LOT of fun at Followers. We believe play is another important piece of the spiritual development of a child. Do you remember when you were a kid? Yeah. You wanted to have fun, didn’t you? Yep. Having fun is really important.
So the purpose of Followers is simple:
Interact with children through the Bible and play for the purpose of being a follower of Jesus.
Wanna be involved?
Step 1: Sign Up with HWC
You must register with Hayward Wesleyan Church in one of three ways:
- Register Online
- Call the HWC Main Office @ 715-634-4613
- Fill out a Registration Card at HWC
Step 2: Sign Up with School
You must give verbal or written permission to the Hayward Primary School office and/or Hayward Intermediate School office in order for your son/daughter to ride the bus over to the church. Call 715-634-2619 to give consent.
- September 8, 22
- October 6, 20
- November 3, 17
- December 1, 8
- January 5, 19
- February 2, 16
- March 2, 16, 30
- April 13, 27
- September 21 – Copper Falls Family Trip
- October 31 – Trunk or Treat
- November 9 – Lunch and a Movie
- December 1 – Christmas Party (K-2 ONLY)
- December 8 – Christmas Party (3-5 ONLY)
- January 18 – Skate City Family Trip
- February 15 – Sledding @ the Yoder’s
- March 13-14 - Family Party & a Sleepover
- April 4 – Easter Eggstravaganza